Extend Learning Academies Network and our schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all. Appointments will be subject to the requirements of an enhanced DBS, medical check and satisfactory references.
Location: ELAN Central Hub – the job role requires travel to other ELAN locations
Hours: 37 per week, all year round
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 PA FTE
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Probation: This post is subject to a 6 month probation period
The Extend Learning Academy Network (ELAN) became a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) on 1st October 2017 and as a result, is now looking to employ an experienced and suitably qualified Estates Manager to manage its property asset portfolio across the entire MAT. This post has been scoped with that in mind.
Specifically, we are looking for a talented individual who is able to do the following and much more:
- Work under the leadership of the Head of Operations and align closely with Head Teachers across the Trust to deliver effective estates management, procurement and Health & Safety compliance
- Manage the property asset portfolio of the Extend Learning Academies Network providing quality education facilities and learning environments that are fit for purpose
- Oversee the development and implementation of a planned maintenance, capital and refurbishment programme for all buildings using the best possible procurement methods to achieve value for money
- Act as the competent Health & Safety person for the Extend Learning Academies Network, providing schools and trustees/governors advice, assurance and reporting on all Health & Safety matters ensuring compliance under Health & Safety Law
- Provide the Trust with best practice in estate management and financial efficiencies in site maintenance and goods through the consolidation of contracts, more efficient procurement of services and site facilities, and evidencing up to date life cycle knowledge
- Understands and is confident in the implementation and management of procurement frameworks
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation, risk assessments, risk management and associated codes of practice and school policies
- Ensure compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, across all Trust sites and buildings, including annual reporting and maintenance of records
Please refer to the Person Specification for full details:
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking individual who would relish the chance to join us at an early stage in our evolution. It would ideally suit someone who embraces change, is able to challenge the status quo and who can deliver well thought out options for development in all areas across the Trust.
You will be a part of the Central Team Management and should be able to work effectively with both teaching and support staff, applying their own strengths and expertise to contribute positively to the overall aims and objectives of the Trust.
You must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle for business and commuting use and in the event of emergency or serious incident the post holder will be a point of contact and may be required to attend.
ELAN is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of a DBS check, two references and qualifications check
Closing Date: Thursday 25th January 2018
Interview Date: TBA
Address: The School House, Bournville Primary School, Selworthy Road, Weston super Mare BS23 3ST
Tel: 01934 427 134